Sunday, July 1, 2018

Sunday Nurses Notes

Hello! If you're looking for Sunday Surgery, please refer to the post below this one. I did an early surgery because I was not here Friday and Saturday. There's been some big stuff brewing since then so I'd thought I'd give you the heads up: 



YES, THAT'S GEORGE HAMILTON! KFC and ABC/GH have teamed up to recognize KFC with product placement and a visit from the Colonel and his Pickle Fried Chicken. Don't laugh-- we may just need this to save the soap and make some money. Ok, laugh. But remember: neither the actors in the scenes nor the writers asked for this!! (Let's hope they got paid in KFC gift certificates for the extra work).  July 6th is National Fried Chicken Day!  Go to DAYTIME CONFIDENTIAL for more information. 





THERE'S A JASAM BINGE-JAM OUT!  Well, ABC is going guns to promote super-couple JaSam this summer! How? Full episodes from their past, highlighting "the best of...."  TV SOURCE MAGAZINE has the schedule.  You can watch them on Hulu or ABC.com. And yes, in case you're wondering, there are already giant Twitter fights about JaSam getting a collection and not any other "super-couple". Um, that's because they are PROMOTING them for the summer. You know, to hopefully get those ratings up.




MONICA'S BACK! Over on Michael Fairman's site, it's announced that Leslie Charleson is returning as Monica in mid-August. Hooray!  



CASTING:  Another Ford Brother Look alike! Soap Opera News is reporting that Owen Saxon booked a role on GH.  "Booked a role" isn't "put on contract" but..he certainly fits the GH "type".  Not sure what this is about yet.  Dante recast?  Just rando doctor guy?  There's no GH IMDB listing for him yet either. We'll just have to wait and see.  Soap Opera News is the source for this one. 



HAPPY CANADA DAY!  Did you know that Dom Z is from Canada as is Jason Thompson and William DeVry?  

22 comments:

  1. Oh, Karen, thanks so much for the updates!! I wasn't going to go to your site because I know you did the SS on Thurs. or Fri., but I have a full work day ahead of me and I was trying to put off doing paperwork, so I strolled over to your site, and there you are!! Interesting stuff, and I am SO GLAD that Leslie C is coming back, I have been waiting anxiously for her return.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate jasam. in for a boring summer. guess I will be sleeping during GH. thats what those 2 do to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I watch GH and DOOL to be entertained - to escape -
    I don't want or need politics, etc. so I HOPE that the transgender story has a purpose and NOT just GH trying to be 'cool' and so something different.
    Stick with the characters in which we have invested!

    We don't have Laura back but yet we can add new characters???

    and what was all the hype about Sara and Elizabeth's family, etc.?
    Was that dropped too?????????

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Karen. This was a wonderful surprise. hehe A little Canada day present for me. I did know they were Canadian. Kathleen Gati and Vinessa Antoine are too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would throw away ALL the newbies and some of the current staff to have ONE Laura (Genie Francis) and Tristan Rogers back on my screen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. maybe the colonel will be revealed as dr. bensch father? and he turned out to be even creepier than his son and hits on all the woman and is a total letch?

    ok, just guessing here...

    ReplyDelete
  7. In addition to Genie & Tristan I would love to see GH grab the available Stephen Nichols.
    LindaV

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes. I do like Stephen Nichols.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I met Stephen Nichols when I was on the GH set. While I did meet Sonny 3 times, and he is my favorite of all time, he is very uneasy with people, while Stephen was sooo charming that I almost fainted. I never thought he was that gorgeous on GH, but when I saw him in person, he was so handsome, and I told him so! He put his arm around me, and said, "You're gorgeous too!" I felt like I could die and go to heaven in that moment! My girlfriend snapped the picture, one of the highlights of my life!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OK, that does sound sad, I have, and have had a very full life, but those of us who love GH will understand!

    ReplyDelete
  11. "MONICA'S BACK! Over on Michael Fairman's site, it's announced that Leslie Charleson is returning as Monica in mid-August. Hooray!"

    YAY!!!!! I miss her!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. "AntJoan said...OK, that does sound sad, I have, and have had a very full life, but those of us who love GH will understand!"

    ROFL! No it does not sound sad! :) That sounded awesome!!! Love that he said You're gorgeous too!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. AntJoan, I understand completely! I met him too and he is so utterly nice and charming and handsome. This was one of the few times I got an autographed picture, which he signed "To Larsha" which of course was what he called Laura. Sigh!
    LindaV

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, Linda, you met him too, so happy to hear that!! He is sooo tall and handsome, I guess that his character is just not very nice, so he looks better out out character. I really hope he comes back!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That was supposed to say "out of character." I think the heat's got me. (It's about a million degrees in NYC.)

    ReplyDelete
  16. AntJoan, I am going to See Maura W. and several others (Wally K, Will DeVry, the actors who play Chase and Curtis in Sept. I know you said Maura was really nice - can't wait to meet her!
    LindaV

    ReplyDelete
  17. Linda, yes, Maura was, like, one of the sweetest people I ever have met! It sounds like you will have an amazing time! Where is the event?

    ReplyDelete
  18. It is in Arlington, VA. Been waiting a long time for one to come back to this area and this is about a 45 minute ride, so I couldn't pass it up. I've met Wally a few times and Will once.
    LindaV

    ReplyDelete
  19. And JPS (Valentin) will be there, too!
    LindaV

    ReplyDelete

  Joss is shocked that Dex almost killed Cyrus. Nina leaves. Dex explains he did try to talk Sonny out of it but Sonny was insistent. He wen...