Saturday, July 31, 2021

First Scene Saturday - Natalia Livingston

 


Emily was first played by Amber Tamblyn.  Amber was a great actress and did the character justice. I personally liked the way she was introduced. There is a number of ways that Emily could have been brought to the canvas, but the Cancer storyline was poignant and gave Monica female support. 

Amber left for greener pastures and they brought on Natalia. I guess Amber was the teenage Emily and Natalia was the adult. I really liked her performance and she really had chemistry with most of the cast.


They bounced her from Zander to Nikolas. And, in true Quartermaine fashion, they killed her. She got brought back as a ghost in the 50th anniversary dream sequence. 

Note: She also returned as Emily's twin sister in 2009. Since we didn't know Emily's true origins as she was adopted, this wasn't a bad narrative. It was found she was only after Em's money and ended up leaving for Paris --on a plane, with "Zander". 



Karen's Comments: 

Oh, lordy, Natalia's Emily. I loved Amber. She's grade A++ in the acting department. Nat was good but not spectacular. Emily was softer and older. Then they paired her with Sonny and my brain fell out. What a terrible, terrible pairing. I knew it would NEVER have happened with Amber in the role so it was double weird. Why they killed her off is still a huge mystery to me. It was the "blow up the Quartermaine" days at GH.  The twin sister idea had traction since Emily was born to another mom before the Qs. That didn't last long though! 

Who was your fave Emily? 

15 comments:

  1. Hands down Amber Tamblin. EXCELLENT actress. Natalia grew on me. Liked her with Nichlas alot. Dear God NOT with Sonny. Liked Emily relationship with Jason.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree 100%. Em and Nicholas had the real deal.

      Delete
  2. Oh no! The horrible writing days!!! It was a horrible nightmare!! Why do you want me to remember?!?! It was so bad I don't remember Emily having a twin sister. I must have blocked it out.

    "Karen says, Then they paired her with Sonny and my brain fell out."

    ROFL! Yeah mine too! UGH! She just should of stayed with Juan and stayed away from Zander, and none of this nightmare would have happened!!! And Zander would have still been alive. My favorite Emily, AMBER!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They never should've killed Emily. Like Jonathan Jackson as Lucky, Amber Tamblyn was a true gem of an actor and "GH" was fortunate to have her as long as it did. I liked Natalia, and she brought a slightly different energy to the role. There is no way *IN HELL* that Emily would've fallen for Sonny, though. That was a truly awful storyline choice that I choose to forget ever happened.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm the only one who liked emily with sonny. she brought a softer side out of sonny. I liked both actresses.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, I may have missed it from the clip. Emily came back a drug addict???? Did Emily steal baby Christina???

    ReplyDelete
  6. So, this is really ticking me off about Sam not remembering that Nik shot Hayden. Are the writer's doing this on purpose, or do they just NOT go back and look at GH history and just write whatever they want?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Write whatever they want. This viewer doesn't care about who shot Hayden anyway. Another character who is back and forth and we are expected to care.

      Delete
  7. Ugh, horrible actress and bad writing. Amber was outstanding- so talented. Sonny and Emily always had that ick factor to me.
    LindaV

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved/love Amber Tamblyn. After she left I watched on and off so much of what you all talk about I didn't see. There was something about AT. I wanted to adopt her. She is still amazing. Married to one of the funniest men. Mother of one, soon to be two. Writing many books and speaking up for her fellow women.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What is she writing for books zazu?

      Delete
    2. Never mind, I see a few of Amber Tamblyn's books on Amazon. A book of poetry too. Talented lady.

      Delete
  9. Off topic: I read this on TV Line today. I read it on Soaps.com earlier.

    * General Hospital star Kirsten Storms has returned to the set of the ABC daytime soap, she revealed in an Instagram Story, per Soaps.com. Storms, who plays Maxie, stepped away from the show to have brain surgery; no airdate has been set for her return.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is great news. I am glad she is feeling better.

      Delete

The Never-Ending Night

  Joss visits Jason. She talks to him about telling Krissy about Dex going to kill Dex. OH! We have a new fire escape set! Jason says most k...